The adventures (and non-adventures) of a marginally seasoned attorney.

.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Why Pinterest posts annoy the crap outta me

Okay, I really and truly love recipe hunting on Pinterest, but God help me, blog posts that are designed to get Pinterest traffic annoy the crap outta me. For those who don't know, bloggers who post lots of pretty pictures are more likely to get links on Pinterest, and the more links, the more blog traffic. However, it's very, very obvious which bloggers are trying to get more traffic, because every single time they post, they'll give us a lengthy picture story that goes a little something like this:


Oh my gosh, I have the most interesting story to tell about what I'm about to bake! Here's a picture of the dish I'm about to cook! 



I was SO WORRIED about how I was going to create this dish, but I love a good challenge! I'll post the recipe here in a bit, but here's a picture of the dish at a different angle!



I need to incorporate my husband into this blog post! He doubted that I could make this, so I was determined to prove him wrong! [Seriously, I can't tell you how many bloggers say they have husbands who doubt their cooking skills. If I were married and I had a husband who whined that much about my cooking, I'd tell him to make his own freaking hot dog.] I'm not posting the recipe yet, but here's another picture of the dish, NOW WITH A GARNISH!!



Whew! This was so exhausting! Here's a picture of the dish with some things I have lying around my kitchen. Oh, and I love WINE! [Food bloggers seem to talk about how much they love to drink wine. I'm not sure whether their wine consumption has to do with the fact that their husbands complain about their cooking all the time.]




And by the way, here's the recipe:
[We'll just pretend I've posted my delicious organic hot dog and kale leaf recipe]

This turned out to be really good! I think I'm going to make this a weekly treat/ Here's another picture that I promise is different than the last one ;)




People want more blog traffic - hey, I get it. However, you don't have to worry about the stories, guys. Just say "Hey y'all, I want more people to link to my recipe blog, so please enjoy a buttload of pictures at the end of this post," and you're good to go.

No comments: