The adventures (and non-adventures) of a marginally seasoned attorney.

.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Poetic Justice

Summing up a young lawyer's day in court ... haiku style. 

Yes, I'm a lawyer
I know I look like I'm 12
But you're being rude 

Pleeeeeease let me go first
So my trial will be done
I'm very hungry :(

Old lawyers fighting
They're really getting upset
Please don't pop a vein

Necessary fact
No one bothered telling me
'Til after trial

Public restrooms here
Are not very hygienic 
I'll hold it for now

I read the statute.
I'm young, opposing counsel.
I'm not a dumbass.

... Why did you say that?
No one asked you that, witness.
I can't unhear that.

THESE FACTS ARE AWESOME!
MY CLIENT IS SO AWESOME!
WINNING IS AWESOME!

1 comment:

RachelR said...

Lawyerly haiku
Hidden talent all these years
Kudos to you ma'am