The adventures (and non-adventures) of a marginally seasoned attorney.

.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Braised Rabbit Incident

Another post in Incidental Justice's series on cooking.

My parents got me the most absolutely fantastic cookbook for Christmas: Paleo Comfort Foods.



As soon as I got back to my house after the holidays, I started baking. I've tried out about a half-dozen recipes so far, and last Thursday, I decided that I would take on braised rabbit.

Now, I don't exactly know what it means to braise a rabbit, but it sounded all pioneer-like, so I was game. So I bought some raw rabbit meat:

Mmm...


And started browning it in the pan:

Hmm...


But to me, it didn't look quite right... I mean, raw meat isn't a big deal but OH GOD a liver just popped out of the pan A LIVER JUST POPPED OUT OF THE PAN!

Which led me to do this:

Yum...


And after about an hour and a half of hiding and cooking the meat, this was the end result:

Um...

Okay, it may be the ugliest dish I have ever seen in my entire life, but don't be deceived by looks. Even though it looks scary, I'm gonna rate the flavor a solid "it's not that bad."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always wondered what rabbit meat tastes like. If it's anything like squirrel, I'll have to pass. - BM