The adventures (and non-adventures) of a marginally seasoned attorney.

.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A few thoughts

Don't get me wrong - I work hard at my job. However, I am not one of those attorneys who can spend 18-hour days in the office, rotting in some basement doing research for a partner in a tall-building firm whilst dreaming of the day when I will be allowed to come up for air. No ma'am, I want to have a life rich with fun and amazing experiences, and I can't do that if I'm a BigLaw slave. I want to have a fantastic life, so I make time to do things that are full of love, happiness, and sometimes cupcakes, too.

In my quest to have a rich life, I am also trying to make it a priority to show others love and kindness in all things that I do. I'm not always good at that. If you've ever interacted with me early in the morning and I haven't consumed a beverage chock full o' caffeine, you REALLY know that I'm not always the best at being kind. I usually try not to say anything to anyone in the morning just because God only knows what cranky nonsense will come from my mouth. But that's not the point.

The point is this: Just as Christ showed his love to the world, I want to show love to each and every one of you. You are an important, fantastic person, worthy of love. And I love you a whole lot.

So if you're having a bad day - heck, if you're having a good day - know that you are so, so loved. You are loved unconditionally. And you are loved abundantly.

Even when you're ornery or difficult, I still love you. And I'll still try to show you love. I'll be showing you *tough* love, of course. But I think that counts.

No comments: