The adventures (and non-adventures) of a marginally seasoned attorney.

.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Gap Period

It's the worst time of year. It starts in early January. It ends in mid-February. It sucks. I like to call this time "The Gap Period." You will never find me as miserable as I am during The Gap Period. I complain. I whine. I curl up in fetal position and secretly wish that time would just roll forward.

During The Gap Period, I don't know how I will occupy my time. Everything I've cared about for the rest of the year is gone. Sure, there is plenty of hype about life post-Gap, but I think the hype makes things worse. It just taunts me. It reminds me of the way I want things to be, but those things cannot be. Not yet.

You see, in the beginning of January, college football season ends. Mid-February, college baseball begins. And during that in-between time, there is no sporting event taking place that I actually care about. And that's a very, very unhappy place for me to be. The Gap Period wouldn't have to exist, but unless the Hogs play some exciting basketball again, it will still remain. So for now, I endure. And eagerly await opening day at Baum Stadium.

No comments: