The adventures (and non-adventures) of a marginally seasoned attorney.

.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

My Favorite Mistakes

I have qualities that will make me an excellent employee at any law firm: punctuality, ability to be superpolite to people who piss me off, and low stress levels (and I don't even have to take pills for that!). However, there are some flaws that will probably get me in a lot of trouble when I'm interviewing for jobs. Mark my words, I will work on these over Christmas break, and I will be a new woman next semester:

Laughing at really inappropriate times - I happen to think life is pretty amusing. Unfortunately, my amusement manifests itself at really, really unfortunate times, including but not limited to the following: church sermons, Property lectures, hook-ups, break-ups, while I'm brushing my teeth.... you name it. Imagine the horror my future employer will experience when I bust up laughing hearing that her son got hit by a truck - or something like that. Yeah, not cool.
(NOTE: This isn't really related, but a kid in my Oral Comm class started out a speech one time by saying "Have you ever had a part of your body run over by a truck?" Greatest intro EVER.)

A tendency to begin every sentence with the word "so" - So if you've read my posts, you know what I'm talking about. This isn't a fire-worthy quality, but it's probably annoying enough for me not to be invited to any business lunches.

Poor taste in clothing - Believe it or not, I do know how to dress appropriately... I just kind of prefer to not to. It'll probably get me in trouble if I'm not careful. It's gotten me in trouble before. One of the judges in negotiations competition told me I dressed like a hooker. True story.

Well, seeing that I apparently giggle too much, don't speak all that eloquently, and dress too skimpily, I think I've found my perfect job: Hooter's waitress.

No comments: